Hello World!

My computer table is just one of the smallest part of the world where I can sit down and see what's going on. Catching up with long lost friends and relatives, updating myself with the business trends and some entrep ideas, or simply feeling the sense of fulfillment within the day. This is my window to the world.


I am never the friendly type of person who smiles at everyone who I come across with, not even with acquaintances I had the chance to talk with once or twice. I don't even send much friend requests in Facebook (though I accept requests of anyone who adds me as a friend.) I've been to chatrooms, but I usually leave before the first minute, either because I used to get bored or I don't like what was happening in there (or what they were talking about).

This time, I tried staying a little longer. Well, for no reason at all!

I was trying to choose rooms which I think I could get good conversations from.

First stop. Career Improvement. Around 10 in the room. There were around 10 people. 2 having their own conversations. About 3 are doing their "inappropriate things" which others ignore. And the rest are lurkers, including me. Their conversation started from the job titles -- the one being a Marketing Expert and the other questioning his "expertise". Then it became a topic about Pakistan and Bin Laden... and so on... Then I got bored.

Second stop. The OFW (Overseas Filipino Workers) Community. My heart is close to OFWs. Part of wherever I am right now is a product of my father's persistence and hardwork in Middle East for more than a decade. I do not like to mention that my ex-boyfriend, who happens to be the first and last (so far) was an OFW. (Ours is another story, which I prefer not to tell). I know the feeling where every moment with your loved ones is something you owe from the latest technology available.

This is their virtual hangout. And I am a dumb witness in this corner of the world.

Share:

0 comments