It's colorful outside the box.




Rainy Saturday Outside. I haven't accomplished anything but cleaning my room -- from the ceiling to the floor, then under my bed. One shoe box caught my attention. Well, it wasn't a shoe box, but a box that contained the flip flops I bought from Human (a local clothing store), months ago.

I had the chance to do some sort of "artwork," if I may call it that way. I grabbed some of my well-kept colored pens and a highlighter that I keep under my pillows everytime I read books before bedtime. I also sneaked towards my four-year-old niece's things to get her old crayons and other coloring materials. Alas!

Look at the 26-year-old-crappy art.

Nonetheless, this is wonderful feeling! Wow! How I wish I could go back to the days when there were no rules that confine us when doing something; when monsters turn into colorful creatures we can just make fun of, instead of becoming the creepy ones that cripple us.

It is so true that we create our own monsters. But isn't it time to shoo them away in a beautiful way?

Today, I created my own definition of art.

This is thinking outside the box...and out of the box. :)

"Maybe we should develop a Crayola bomb as our next secret weapon. A happiness weapon. A Beauty Bomb. And every time a crisis developed, we would launch one. It would explode high in the air explode softly and send thousands, millions, of little parachutes into the air. Floating down to earth boxes of Crayolas. And we wouldn't go cheap, either not little boxes of eight. Boxes of sixty-four, with the sharpener built right in. With silver and gold and copper, magenta and peach and lime, amber and umber and all the rest. And people would smile and get a little funny look on their faces and cover the world with imagination." -Robert Fulghum  

Share:

2 comments