Rainy Days and Birthdays...

Be warned:  This post you’re about to read is purely blabber.  No post-editing.  No organization of thoughts, just like water spilled out from the container, going to no particular direction. 

I’m loving life for twenty-seven years.  Anyone who could beat that is surely older than me.  Give me more tricks!

The past few days have been so rainy for me – literally and the other way around.  Pre-birthday crisis?  Somehow.  But surely, I don’t feel it for the sake of feeling it. As much as I wanted to escape drama, there came some concerns of what’s going inside and around me. No enumerations needed. 

Twenty-seven

At the moment, twenty-seven is the number of years I’ve been alive.  Twenty-seven is that day in August of every year where I think almost everything should be a big deal– what to do, what should have been done and accomplished, how things should go and should have gone.  A tiring cycle.  Pressure!

With really wanting to come up with a birthday blog (initially, that was my only plan…with less emotions attached), I tried googling for some successful people at age 27.  It did not give me what I was searching for. What comes up is the “27 Club” – the musicians who died at age 27 including Robert Johnson, Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, and just recently, Amy Winehouse (to name a few).

Ironic it may seem, I had to ponder on that seriously.  For someone who is in the peak of quarter-life crisis (late bloomer, you think?) and the pre-birthday crisis (“birth month crisis” as I term it), this couldn’t be an apple in a box of oranges for me.

Obviously, I won’t be a member of that club. I am not a musician (Hey! That was me trying to be funny!).  But there seems to be a voice that keeps reminding me that anything could happen anytime.  Not assessing about their cause of death, it’s surely not debatable that they’ve at least left their marks in the world. “In the world” may be such a big word.  But it is never impossible to do that in the small world that we made it to be.

Until now, I still don’t have a clear answer to the following questions:
  • ·         Rewind to 27 years ago:  What could you advice to the yet-to-be born Lou Natalie?
  • ·         Fast Forward to 27 years later:  How do you imagine your 54 year old self?

I've had lots of reflections and plans, but I was paralyzed by my own analyses. 

The Bright Side

That Guy above never ever failed to supply me a doze of resilience though.  That thing is enough to re-charge my drained battery, to re-fuel the engine that was about to stop.  Remembering his presence makes me keep going.  And the people He sends, are really exact justifications that He really exists.  He blesses me much! Again, no enumerations needed. 

I’m loving life for twenty-seven years.  Anyone who could beat that is surely… is surely older than me.  Give me more tricks!

Birthdays may be stormy or dry .  What's important is that, a new hope should be born every time it comes. 

Side-dish:  

Look what I have found: I share the same birthday/anniversary with Mother Teresa, Fernando Zobel de  Ayala, and The Guinness Book of Records. Cool, right?
(Source: ClickTheCity)




Ok, August 27 is over. Good morning people!  :)

Share:

5 comments