Fifty Pesos with Love



Friday, at work. Less than two hours before my weekend. Slouching on my seat while doing some of my work routines. Data was taking some minutes to download. I got hold of my phone as soon as I remembered about Gawad Kalinga.

It has always been my dream to donate to a cause or more, or to give back to the community. While I am working my way to fully establishing my financial security, I believe I can still hand in my poor man's share to help others.

Few minutes before midnight in one corner of a call center floor in a manufacturing company in Cavite, a humble P52 out of a P100-peso remaining prepaid load made its way to people who are in need of a decent shelter.

This is just a start of something I would surely repeat over and over. May God shower me more blessings so I can give more to others.

(Note: I've also thought of World Vision Philippines and WWF Philippines but GK has the easiest donation process for someone like me who occasionally acts on impulse.)

They say, "Do something good to others without telling anyone about it." I couldn't agree more. But sometimes sharing the experience would be the best way to encourage others to the same. And that's the reason for this post.


Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned. ~Peter Marshall

Share:

0 comments