Meet my 2012 Companion

It feels good to be busy without feeling tired. 

Though I can’t really tell how loaded I may be at work tomorrow, I can say that the week is going good, so far.  I go home and call it a day without worrying what‘s waiting to happen tomorrow at work.  I even manage to finally complete this blog today, before going to sleep.  For the whole week, I am still able to set aside my “creative” hours for the day (although the creative juices aren’t squeezing out well yet.)  -- It’s either I write, or I read.  (Yeah, don’t ask how healthy my eyes are at the moment, they are happy anyway. )

Did I mention that I can consider this the busiest days at work for us?  Talk about month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reporting in the part of an organization where everything you do has a corresponding $ (which is not always yours. Haha!).  Talk about things being urgent.

I managed to cross out 99% of my enormous list (slight exaggeration on the adjective) which started out last Monday.  I may not have completed everything yet, but I am happy to see results.  I also feel good to see how I improved on not becoming overwhelmed as the waves of workloads approach. 

Maybe it was because of the book I’ve just finished reading? 



Productive Pinoy is a book authored by Yheng  Remulla, who also owns I am a Productive Pinoy! Facebook page.

I can't remember how this page and I met by fate.  All I can remember is that I am becoming an avid reader of the page's post, maybe because its goals complement with what I wanted to achieve.  And now that another year has just commenced, spirits are high on dreaming and setting goals (regardless of what would be the outcome).

January 2, I was on leave from work.  I had to drop by the office to download data for a critical Monday process.  And then my feet itched to go to SM Bacoor because I didn’t see a copy of this book in the nearer National Bookstore, in SM Rosario.

The mall was on Sale for almost everything – clothes, shoes, bag…name it.  I went straight ahead to the bookstore, bought the book, and nothing else.  I almost did not find it.  It was the last copy available.  There is even a bit of fold in the cover. I didn’t mind.  For some reasons, there were long lines in the bookstore’s cashiers (I was actually thinking that I may end up not buying the book, because I can read everything in it before having my turn to pay).  I still didn’t mind. 

Alas!  I was able to own the book.

And after few nights (mornings, technically) of reading before bedtime, I found myself wanting to read for more.  And now,  I am going back to the pages where I left gray pencil marks in. Some ideas that really got my attention.  (Yeah,  I have my Stabilo-slash-highlighter in the office.  But I finished the book without remembering to bring it home.)



“Make room for fun at work. Give up the idea that fun is somehow unprofessional and frivolous.”

“Facebook is not your therapist.  If you want to complain how awful your life is, tell a person who cares. Not everyone who knows you.”

“I have chosen to define responsibility this way:  Response-ability or the ability to respond.”

“Zeal without knowledge is not only foolish, but suicidal.”

“Nobody can freeze time. There are times that we don’t really fail, we just run out of time.”

“Everything is always created twice:  First in mind then in reality. Imagine what you want to accomplish.”

“In this life, it’s not how you start, but how you finish. So do not despise small beginnings.”

“Celebrate your small victories until you achieve your major goal. “

“Most people fail because they quit without knowing they are near the finish line.”

“Instead of starting new things all at once,  a better idea would be to start something that you could BUILD UP.   It should be something that you are already doing and have found good results in. All you need to do is to improve, polish or revamp it to make it even greater of successful. “

“Whatever you do, give your best.  For a dream to come true, you need to give your 100%.  Don’t look back.  Burn your bridges, if you need to.”

My mind is again being  talkative on what it has to say about the quotes above,  but really,  I can't find the right words to say.  Maybe because it's exactly how it is to be said.  It's either I get motivated, or I can relate.

My honest thoughts:  Though I think the book is a bit pricey at P395.00,  I believe it's worth buying. With a conversational writing style,  it's like having a friend who could help you learn or re-learn lessons--not only in matters of productivity, but on how you systematically handle things in life.  

Share:

0 comments