All eyes to the target

“There are three basic steps to winning: First, live each day with a goal in mind. Second, do what you can do. Third, be happy doing it.” – something I just pondered


While most of the people made lists of RESOLUTIONS during the start of the year, I opted not to join them. It was actually the GOALS which I started drafting out before December of last year.


Wait… is it a late New Year blog? Not really. It’s just that I have high spirits about these goals lately.


If I have the reasons to win, then why wouldn’t I opt to?


Starting last Monday, those goals have been dancing around my mind, seems like a kid that keeps on reminding, “Hey, you promised…!”


Below is a really quick list of goals (from a very long one), which I kept on being reminded of:


PHYSICAL


Lose weight and stay in shape.


I’ve got a call from my cousin who’s going to be married on April. I was informed that I will be one of the bridesmaids. And of course, I’d need to have my measurement stats for the gown. And when I saw how it would look like, I said “Oh gosh! I can’t forgive myself when I wear this gown on a…well…macho figure like this.” Haha! Exaggerated much?


At this moment, I started to cut (unnecessary) meals. I also do sit-ups before and after bedtime. I hope that would help. Haha!


COMMUNITY and ENVIRONMENT


I’ve always felt fulfillment every time I take part to any outreach activities and community services. Believing that we live in this world with others reminds me that as much as I need “others” to live, those “others” need me, too. It’s always a two-way street.


There are bags of old clothes stuck on the corner that just adds up to the pile of clutter in our house. I am a silent advocate of taking care of the environment, and with that, throwing those stuffs was never an option.


Sound effects…“Ting!” Then there goes the light bulb!


A year ago, I have joined an online community called GR3ENCYCLE Philippines. I just dropped a note about my thought on offering it to anyone who plans to have an outreach activity. As of now, three individuals expressed their interests. See, that’s hitting two birds in a stone!


Oh…and actually I plan to bring stuffs to SM Recycle Market’s Trash to Cash. I’ve wanted to do it months ago but was not able to do it due to busy schedule.


FINANCIAL

I have promised myself that I gave to work on my self-discipline to achieve financial freedom. Self-discipline, I believe, starts in small things in my everyday life.


I started the year with a clear goal of not coming late to office. Doing great so far. Not until last Tuesday when I was one minute late because of the baby bus driver who had to chat with another driver. Ahhh... That was so disappointing. That tardiness costs me a P 25-special trike fare, the supposedly P 300 monthly perfect attendance incentive, and the 10 points in our KPI (performance metric), where the highest pointers will get a corresponding amount. Sigh! But that was life. Just accept it. Actually, I can also claim part of the blame. I should be a few minutes earlier. I just have to move forward to the next month.


SPIRITUAL


There came Joan’s text message inviting me to join the Singles for Christ in Rosario on late February. Now, I'm so excited. I've never joined in activities such as this before. While being busy with other things, I must always remember that there is one best friend up there that makes all those possible.


CREATIVE


This blogging thing is one of my goals this year. I hope I can rekindle the fire that was lost fromt his passion.



If a goal is a promise, then is it a resolution too? Perhaps. But there is more to it.


Yeah, I promised -- not to others but to my self. And that gives much of the gravity. I came to think of it…”If a broken promise to others hurts, then why should I do it to myself? Whether I fulfill it or not, the impact for sure would be doubled.


Definitely, I need to fulfill them all. Good thing is, I am happy.

Share:

0 comments