Tempus Fugit

Paul Gardner says,"A painting is never finished. It simply stops in interesting places."

"A book is never finished. But at a certain point, you stop writing it and go on to the next thing. A film is never cut perfectly, but at a certain point, you let go and call it done. That is the normal part of creativity --letting go. We always do the best that we can by the light we have to see by," added Julia Cameron (The Complete Artist's Way)

Whether it's been successful or tragic, be it an obra or just a crazy doodle; I call this year a
great masterpiece.


It may just be like the other years that come and go by, like the people who leave footprints that will later on be erased by the air or water from the shore. On the other way around, this may be something that we keep in at the moment and will return to, just calling it "Nostalgia".

Stop! I don't want this to be a sentimental blog. I just want something to reflect on as another curtain call is soon to approach.

Just like every lesson in a grade-schooler's textbook, I just wanted to have a bit of "Summing It Up".

HEALTH
- Full-body massage has been my refuge when the greatest enemy called "Stress" attacks.
- Cough and colds have been my frequent visitors, almost wanted to be a "mainstay" but I tried to resist. I have tried a lot of medications, only to find out that salabat with calamansi and honey
is the greatest relief.
- Insomnia is another. Have been to lots of "sleepless nights" (or "sleepless days" when in night shift"). I remember hiking up a mountain and having been awake from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning. A total of 33 hours. (Yes, I can't believe i did that and I promised not to do that self-torture again.)- With less sleep, from time to time, I become hypotensive.
- And why can't i forget hyperacidity who bugs me from time to time.
- And just a month ago, I've been diagnosed for Scoliosis.
- Despite all these said, I call myself healthy. Why? Simply because I'd like to feel so.

CAREER AND MONEY
- I've had a lot of "hard times". I'd opt not to elaborate further. It's just good that I am now
in the stage of recovery (little by little).
- Career? Oh wow! This is the biggest "Talk of the Year". Got one big shocking news exactly one month before my third year in my first official job. Have heard lots of "Ano'ng balita?" and "Ano na kaya ang mangyayari?" Learned how to expect the unexpected, but what we expected is not really what should be. What?! - I stumbled upon one new opportunity. Exactly a day after my third year and a half, I was declared "officially disconnected" from my first official job. - Now, I call myself "happily employed", bringing just the good times from the past three years (and my things, of course!).

HOBBIES AND RECREATION
- I have bought a number of books within the year. Reading has become my addiction.
- Writing has never been out of the scene. I do it once in a while, usually in the form of Internet blogging.
- I've said internet… yep, I've been online for an average of 12 hrs for 7 days a week, except now that my computer has already collapsed (uhm..maybe due to fatigue)
- I truly enjoyed the few nature trips that I've been to -- The Gulugod-Baboy climb, La Mesa
Tree planting, and Mt. Pinatubo Exploration are indeed too few to mention, but are really
worthwhile experiences.

LOVE AND RELATIONSHIP
- Nothing new, except for being joked of having an intimate relationship with the computer monitor.

FRIENDSHIP AND SOCIALS
- Lost contact with a number of good old friends.
- Tried to catch up once in a while -- came to The Sebastinian 2003's get-together last April; attended weddings of two friends; had a house party with Roxan and Karen, together with Rose and Morris; and now will attend to another reunion with the gazette peeps.
- Met a good deal of new friends -- Juvy Barrios, Tin Jocson, and Kristin (Multiply friend) to name a few.

With no further thoughts to wrap this up, I have to call it done. I have to let go.

A good-bye to the year that was. Cheers to the year that is to come!

Share:

0 comments