U-Turn



(I hope my brain isn't too loaded yet to remember the exact scene which happened more or less five years ago) Four college girls in checkered skirts and white blouses with necktie and unbuttoned long sleeves. That was a typical day. A typical moment as well. On a breaktime while waiting for a seat in the internet lab, they were talking about anything under the sun just to fill in the boring hours of waiting. They talked about homeworks, classmates and professors. Most specially, they talked about future... they talked about their friendship. Weird ideas came flowing, until they committed to meet on August 20, 2009 in front of the school gate. Why is that date so? There is nothing much to explain. Then why are they meeting? Probably just to see how each one of them would be doing after graduation, after several years. Again...weird ideas came flowing. It was us -- Karen, Roxan, Em and me. More than a year before the mentioned date: April 18, 2008. I just came from office after an extended hour. I did not go home, rather, I went directly to Roxan's house. Karen was there, too. There were drinks, food and a movie to watch. Most specially, we talked about our lives. I am now a Senior Data Analyst (nothing too much to brag about). Roxan is now part of a site support group in LTO. Karen is getting married. We missed Em who is currently based in Taiwan to work for Amkor. It is still us -- Karen, Roxan, Em and me -- minus the homeworks, professors, and classmates. We are still students (of life), but we are grown-ups. I hope to see them all again on the twentieth of August, year two thousand and nine.
And why am I writing this? Quite stereotypical. Too shallow. I do not know... I am sorry. I just feel nostalgic.

Share:

0 comments